Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Carl is back!!

Yesterday, I was walking to school and low and behold, there was Carl, at his same old spot, sitting up and sleeping! This time, he has much less stuff, only a few plastic bags instead of the huge piles of things he had accumulated before. I was so excited, I texted my roommate right away. Where has he been for the past two weeks? What did he do? I now wonder if he left voluntarily or if the people who were building the parking lot only kicked him out for a short period of time. Did they have the right to do that? His return has only brought me more questions about the homeless culture in Tokyo. Does anyone who reads this know anything about it? I am dying of curiosity! But, I am happy to see Carl every morning again and know that he is back home.

No comments: